Japanese messaging environment has its specific traits just like any other. Here are some I can highlight :
Following the general tendency of Japanese services to be quite expensive, telecommunication business is no exception. Thus, the pricing for SMS in Japan starts at 7 yen with the local providers.
Japan has a unique service, so-called “phonemail”. Technically, all the mobile numbers have an e-mail at a certain server with the registered mobile carrier. And instead of sending normal SMS or MMS, most of the population used to rely on the phonemail (until LINE came into picture).
After its launch in 2011, LINE has shown amazing growth rate not only in Japan, but conquering the whole world. By 2014, LINE had over 50 mln subscribers in Japan, making it the number 1 messenger app in the country. Following its success, people turned to instant messenger and rely on it far more than the familiar short messages. Mainly, due to the fact that whenever Japan is experiencing an earthquake or some other natural disaster, the landlines and mobile networks in general are damaged and leave people unable to reach their loved ones to make sure they are alright.
Source : http://www.fastcompany.com/3041578/most-innovative-companies-2015/how-japans-line-app-became-a-culture-changing-revenue-generat
Based on the above mentioned realities of Japanese market, SMS services are not in a high demand in the local market. But for foreign companies, willing to reach their subscribers in Japan, SMS remains the primary tool of communications.
However, not all SMS gateway companies can provide high-quality service at reasonable pricing for Japan. Let me expand a bit on the features SureM has to offer :
The highest quality service at the best rates
- Providing the service at highly competitive price
- Offering volume discounts
- SMS, Concatenated SMS (Long Message) service
- SMS service : 70 characters
- Concatenated SMS service : maximum 350 characters
- Japan NPDB (Number portability database) service
- SureM not only has their own Japan NPDB but also NPDB data from an associate provider in Japan. Message transmission time to the end users is much faster thanks to the NPDB.
- “Premium Line” service
- Providing solution for SoftBank International SMS filtering
- Sender ID registration
- You may send messages with the desired Sender ID (conditions may apply)
Message transmission in any language, consultation and customer support in Japanese
- All languages supported
- You may send messages in English, Japanese, Chinese etc.
- Full multilingual coverage (send messages in any language to any country of the world).
- Screenshots (SureM on the right, other SMS providers on the left)
To receive a full consultation on our service to Japan, please contact us at email@example.com