2-way SMS service – a combination of MT and MO services, allowing the CLIENT to transmit messages and receive replies from the End User.
The service is provided through a virtual number, issued by the provider. Depending on the destination country, virtual numbers can be presented by long codes, short codes or standard phone numbers.
- Short code : 114, 4565,.. (usually up to 5-6 digits)
- Long code : 0133-xxxx-xxx (Korea) (special virtual number, does not look like a real phone number; issued by designated entity in each country)
- Standard phone number : 7-914-xxx-xx-xx, 82-10-xxxx-xxxx (in some countries Mobile carriers provide numbers similar to standard mobile numbers)
2-way service is widely used for various purposes:
- Advertisement opt-out (unsubscribing)
- Customer care lines (*with TOLL-free numbers)
- Polls and surveys
- Marketing campaigns