With population of 1.38 billion people (according to Wikipedia), China is now one of the main targets for messaging industry. Among others, cosmetics shops, plastic surgery clinics, Duty-free stores refer to China as their number 1 target market.
But, unlike any other country, China has a great number of restrictions for the mobile content (and not only). There are a lot of peculiarities to consider before sending any messages to China.
** All messages sent to China must contain “Footer/Header”.
What is “Footer/Header”?
– For messages sent via A2P, it must be added to clarify the Sender
** Regardless of the nature of the message, its content and footer/header must be compliant with the regulations of SureM
1) Available SMS size and requirements for Footer/Header
- Up to 70 characters (including Footer/Header)
- Footer/Header: English/Chinese characters only (3~8 characters)
- Example : 【LGUPLUS】,【SUREM】,【韓國中國】
- 1 Footer/Header allowed per 1 ID
2) Requirements for message content:
- Languages available: Korean, English, Chinese (or mixed)
- Deprecating remarks of political nature are PROHIBITED
- Refer to the “201604_Chinese route restrictions_v3” // Chinese regulatory word list
3) Note when sending advertising messages:
- Can be delivered only from 9am to 5pm (receiver’s local time).
- Messages sent during night time (5pm~9am) will be delivered at permitted hours of the next business day
4) Special Screening Period
– Important events during which Chinese character censorship has been made more severe than usual; it may accordingly affect the speed of message delivery.
For more detailed consultation, contact us at email@example.com